We Heard You!
At Queen’s we want our students’ dining experiences to be fun, enjoyable, and nourishing. We collect student feedback through a variety of platforms including our Napkin Talk digital channel, in-person Happy or Not terminals in the dining halls, and through our website.
Many of the changes that happen in Hospitality Services are a direct result of valuable student feedback. While we review every comment received, please recognize that change does take time to implement, and suggestions will be considered on a priority basis. Click on the headers below to see what changes we have made to address some of the feedback received!
Looking for more vegan/vegetarian items
October updates in the Dining Halls
- Vegan burgers now served at all times off the grill in the dining halls
- Tofu offered at all times at the stir fry stations
- Plant- based proteins offered at the salad bar.
- Plant-based chicken fingers offered when chicken fingers are on the menu.
- Vegetarian pasta is available at the Pasta Station at last 3 times per week.
Halal options at breakfast
November changes in The Lazy Scholar, Location 21, Jean Royce Barista:
Long wait times
How we are addressing this:
- Express to-go meals from all dining halls for a meal swipe.
- Transact mobile app allows students to order food and beverages ahead of time.
- Transact app allows students to book their dining hall time and skip the line.
- Partnered with 2 new food trucks on campus that accept meal plans, increasing the number of locaiton on campus.
- Dining halls are now open until 9:30pm on weekends
Trade A Meals (TAMs) are a convenience option built into your meal plan that offer you an option to “trade-in” one of your dining hall meals for a designated combo meal in participating retail locations on campus. As part of the tax exemption guidelines for meal plans, TAM menu offerings may have limitations.
Since the townhall in October, 2021, additional beverage options have been incorporated in the TAM offerings, for example, fountain beverages are now included in TAM offerings available at The Lazy Scholar and Location 21.
Starting January 21, 2022, small white or chocolate cartons of milk will be an option for TAM beverages at select locations.
Flex $ are taxable funds provided in addition to your meal plan. These funds can be used to purchase retail single serve snacks such as chips/candy, baked goods, specialty coffees or can be used to add onto a Trade A Meal.