Swipe It Forward Queen’s is a pilot initiative aimed at helping to address food insecurity on campus through the donation of meals from students with meal plans. The program, which is designed to provide short-term, urgent support to students in need, is accessible by referral from program partners.
How does it work?
Students with a meal plan don’t always use all of their weekly allotment of meals – for example, they may be off-campus for a weekend, or choose to go out with friends. The Swipe It Forward Queen’s program gives them the option of donating 1 meal per day (up to 5 per semester) from their current week’s 19 meals. Note: meals must be from the current week’s allotment – past unused or future week’s meals cannot be donated. Students just let the cashier at a dining hall or retail outlet know that they want to Swipe it Forward. That meal will then be available to a student in need.
Please note that students who are already on meal plans are not eligible to be referred to the Swipe It Forward Queen’s program. If you are a student in need who is currently on a meal plan, please contact Hospitality Services to book an appointment with a member of the team to discuss your specific needs.
How does a student in need access the program?
Students can contact one of the Swipe It Forward program partners. Meals will be loaded on their student card within 1-2 business days. Students can use the meals in any dining hall, or purchase a Trade a Meal at any Hospitality Services retail food outlet on campus. Please be assured that when you use a redeem a meal/TAM, the cashier will not know that you received it from this program. Swipe it Forward meal plans expire on April 28th.
How many meals can a student get?
The program is intended to provide short-term support that is a complement to other resources on campus. Allocations will be made based on the specific situation, and students will also be provided with information about other services on campus, including:
Want to know more? Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (monitored M-F 8:30-4:30)
The following program partners can provide a referral to the Swipe It Forward program:
- Office of the Interfaith Chaplain, JDUC 142B
- Student Wellness Services, Lasalle Building 146 Stuart St.
- Ban Righ Centre, 32 Bader Lane
- Student Community Relations, JDUC 142A
- Queen’s University International Centre (QUIC), JDUC 2nd Floor
- Student Awards, Gordon Hall 125
- An Clachan Community Coordinator, An Clachan 06-102
- Four Directions Aboriginal Student Centre, 146 Barrie St.
- Office of the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs, Gordon Hall 300
- Athletics and Recreation, Athlete Services, ARC
- Residence Life Office, Victoria Hall 110C