Update: July 27, 2020
Meal Plans and food safety
Hospitality Services is working hard this summer to ensure that we continue to nourish success through best-in-class dining experiences where our guests can thrive in the fall. We want to assure you that we are working with Kingston Public Health on increasing safety measures and will continue to follow and monitor all food safety standards and updates as outlined by local authorities.
Some of the procedures and policies that can be expected in our retail locations and dining halls this fall include physical distancing policies, barriers, and cleaning standards. These policies and standards will be important to keep both our students and staff safe during these times. We are committed to providing our students with safe and nutritious meals. Visit our Hospitality Services website to learn more about our meal plans, available dining halls, retail outlets and resources for allergies and special diets.
Our services will continue to provide a variety of healthy food options while keeping with recommendations from Kingston Public Health. Visit our incoming student resources page to learn more about what we are doing in response to COVID-19 to keep your student safe on campus. Students with special diets and food allergies should complete the Hospitality Services allergy intake form online here before arriving on campus. To learn more about dining options on campus, please visit our dietary needs resource page.
What food locations will be open this fall?
We will have many food locations open on campus this fall to serve the Queen’s community, including all three dining halls and select retail locations conveniently located across campus. Meal plans includes many choices, including 19 all-you-care-to-eat dining hall meals per week, along with trade a Meals (TAM) and Flex dollars to use at our various food retail locations.
Our dining halls will have limited capacities and seating for student’s safety and only served options will be available. We are working with our culinary team on exciting new dining hall menu rotations for each dining hall so you can look forward to unique dishes and flavours. Take-out at all dining halls will be encouraged wherever possible.
COVID-19 precautions and expectations
- – Increased cleaning of tables and high touch surfaces
- – Sanitization stations
- – Limited capacities and seating in dining areas
- – Employees wearing gloves and masks
- – Increased take out options
- – Restrictions on self serve items
- – Mobile ordering
Update: May 1, 2020
The health and safety of our customers and staff are our primary concern. Hospitality Services is closed as of 2pm on May 3, 2020. All remaining meals on optional meal plan holders’ accounts will carry forward to when our operations resume.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time. We look forward to reopening and connecting with our customers as soon as possible under the guidance of public health.
COVID-19 Statement: April 9, 2020
We are living in an unprecedented time. At Queen’s Hospitality Services, in addition to ensuring the security of our employees, our primary concern is delivering safe and nutritious meals to our students on campus who are unable to return home.
Since March 13, 2020, our team has taken many steps to keep our students and staff safe during these uncertain times, while continuing to offer essential services to those who need it. We immediately eliminated self-serve options, encouraged take-out meals at all meal periods, and our staff practices physical distancing to protect everyone from harm.
We continue to take proactive measures to ensure our dining location is disinfected thoroughly throughout the entire dining service. Our team will continue to provide food services to our students for as long as they are needed, following the guidelines provided by Public Health and aligning with governmental physical distancing protocols.
Hours of operation
For hours of operations, visit dining.queensu.ca/hours-of-operation/
Please refer to the Student Affairs COVID-19 website for all information regarding accessing student resources remotely.
Updated meal plan information
- Hospitality Services is closed as of 2pm on May 3rd. Under the direction of the University and Public Health we will be available to return to operations as soon as possible. All remaining meals on optional meal plan holders’ accounts will carry forward.
- Any existing balances on optional meal plans expired as 2:00 pm on Sunday, March 22nd, and will be reinstated as of September 5, 2020, for use during the 2020-2021 academic year. If you are graduating, please contact email@example.com to discuss options.
- The flex money is an additional benefit in our refund package, intended for Queen’s students returning to campus next year. If you are graduating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review options. If you are electing not to come back to Queen’s for other reasons, you will not be eligible for the flex money, but will still receive the $1150 credit to your student account. Unused credits on student accounts will be reimbursed through regular processes.