Cold Beverage Consultative Group
Queen’s Cold Beverage Consultative Committee
Queen’s University has had the current Cold Beverage Agreement in place with Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited since 2012, to provide exclusive cold beverage services to students, staff, and visitors on campus through various outlets, including residence dining halls, retail food venues, catering services, and vending machines. The contract provides funding to support student wellness and the student experience through the AMS, SGPS, and Athletics and Recreation. Although exclusive, the current agreement allows for some other cold beverage offerings on campus.
The agreement is due to expire on August 31, 2022, but will be extended for one year through August 31, 2023, due to the impacts of COVID-19 on the contract deliverables over the 2020-21 academic year, when most classes were offered remotely and campus activity was greatly reduced.
A committee of stakeholders was formed in October to meet monthly, with membership as set out below.
The group is first being asked for feedback on options for cold beverage supply procurement, which could include a fall 2022 RFP process (as was completed for the 2012 contract). This group will advise on outreach to the campus community, which could include surveying, focus groups, or open forums, and review the feedback received. The group would then participate in developing procurement criteria and may participate in proponent evaluation and selection as applicable.
Cold Beverage Consultative Membership Includes:
- Two representatives from the Alma Mater Society (Commissioner of Environmental Sustainability and the Social Issues Commissioner)
- Representative from the Society of Graduate & Professional Students
- Two representatives from QBACC (Queen’s Backing Action on Climate Change)
- Executive Director, Housing and Ancillary Services
- Associate Director, Housing and Ancillary Services (Chair)
- Manager of Finance, Housing and Ancillary Services
- Manager, Wellness and Sustainability, Housing and Ancillary Services
- Representative selected from the Campus Foodservice Committee
- Representative from Athletics & Recreation
- Representative from the Office of the Vice-Provost & Dean of Student Affairs
- Representative from the Sustainability Office
- Representatives from Strategic Procurement Services (ex-officio)
- Member at large representative (vacant)
This webpage will be updated through the process. Feedback for the Cold Beverage Consultative Group can be shared by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org