Residence Meal Plan
Weekly 21 Meal Plan Top Up
Knowing that a busy schedule and off-campus social commitments can keep you on the move, your residence fees includes 19 meals per week based on the average student’s meal needs. Now that you are getting in the swing of campus life, we want to make sure your body and brain are fueled to match your individual schedule. If needed, from now until October 17, you can top up your weekly meal allotment from 19 to 21 per week.
Get two extra meals per week through the end of April for just $500 through your Solus account or via debit/credit card via the Residence Student & Dining Portal.
- Only the additional two weekly meals are added to your account, TAMs and Flex $ remain the same.
- Once you upgrade to 21 weekly meals, you will not be able to revert to the weekly 19.
- All meals and TAMs expire at the end of the academic year and are non-refundable,
- Flex $ carry forward and can be used in future years
Welcome, Gaels – Let’s Eat!
Welcome to Queen’s University and the internationally inspired food environment your Residence Meal Plan offers. Your meal plan is included in your residence fees and allows you to eat in three all-you-care-to-eat dining halls (Leonard Hall, Ban Righ Dining Hall and Jean Royce Dining Hall) and several retail locations. Students with vegan, vegetarian, flexitarian, gluten-free, halal, kosher, and other dietary requirements can take comfort in knowing we’ve got you covered. Here’s how it works.
Your 2022/23 meal plan includes:
- 19 All-You-Care-To-Eat Meals per week in your choice of 3 dining halls.
- 200 Trade a Meals (TAM) – “trade-in” one of your dining hall meals for designated TAM specials in participating retail locations! Look for the TAM logo and let the cashier know you would like to use a meal plan.
- 145 Flex $ – Flex $ works like cash and can be redeemed at several retail locations on campus for Fresh to Go items and single-serve snacks like drinks, baked goods, etc. Flex $ can be used with a TAM meal by adding a tasty dessert or a fresh piece of fruit in a retail location. Top up your Flex $ anytime through the Student Residence & Dining Portal.
- Automatic enrollment in the GOOD TO GO reusable container initiative
GOOD TO GO reusable container initiative – To help minimize single-use waste, all residence students receive a carabiner to participate in the GOOD TO GO reusable container initiative. Bring your carabiner or container with you to exchange every time you visit a campus food location to save the $0.75 single-use container fee. Learn more about the GOOD TO GO initiative.
Check your Flex $ and meal swipe balances!
Food Allergy or Dietary Need?
We know it can be hard to manage allergies and dietary requirements in a new place – we’re here to help you. If you have a food-related medical condition, allergy, intolerance, or dietary need related to religious or cultural observance, our staff will help you make informed choices while dining on campus and participating in the university experience.
Our dining halls and campus retail food locations have options available for students with vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, halal, kosher, and other dietary requirements.
Before you even arrive in residence, and while you are on campus, our staff can help prepare you for dining safely and mindfully in the following ways:
- Fill out the Allergy / Dietary Intake Form available through the Student Residence & Dining Portal. The Registered Dietitian & Wellness and Sustainability Manager and/or Campus Executive Chef will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss your specific requirements.
- Book a confidential consultation with our Registered Dietitian (button)
- “Ask Before You Eat” and speak to a dining hall chef or manager on-site to help you find choices that meet your needs.
- If you require room accommodations as part of your allergy management, visit the residence accommodation page to access the necessary form and instructions.
- Learn more about Dining with Allergies at Queen’s
- If you would like to discuss dining with allergies over the summer, you can book a virtual appointment with our Registered Dietitian or contact the main office at 613-533-2953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you living off-campus but want to dine on campus this year? Check out our Campus Meal Plans.