Residence Meal Plan
Welcome Gaels – Let’s Eat!
Welcome to Queen’s University and the diverse food environment that your Residence Meal Plan offers. Your meal plan is included in your residence fees and allows you to eat in the dining halls AND retail locations across campus! Here’s how it works.
Your meal plan includes:
- 19 meals per week – 19 all-you-care-to-eat meals per week in your choice of 3 different dining halls.
- 200 Trade a Meals (TAM) – Our Trade a Meal option allows you to “trade in” one of your dining hall meals for a designated Trade a Meal specials in retail! Simply look for the TAM logo in any of our 23 retail locations on campus and let the cashier know you would like to use your meal plan TAM for that meal!
- 150 Flex $ – You receive $150 Flex $ on top of your dining hall meals to start off the semester. Your Flex $ are on your student card and work like cash. You can use these on snack items in retail like drinks, baked goods or Fresh to Go items. You can also use them on top of a TAM meal if you want to add something extra like dessert or a piece of fruit! Don’t worry about running out of Flex $, you can add more at any time! Read the meal plan Terms & Conditions.
Dining Hall- Meal Request Form for Sickness/Injury
If you are too ill or injured to access the dining hall, you may request that a meal or series of meals be removed from the dining hall on your behalf. Meals will be taken from your weekly allowance, and must be picked up during dining hall hours by speaking with the dining hall cashier. It is your responsibility to arrange for the meals to be picked up and brought to you at a time when you are present; options for picking up meals include:
- A friend or roommate (provided they have their own meal plan)
- A Residence Don (if available)
- A Residence Life professional staff member (can be reached by calling the front desk, and asking for the Residence Life Coordinator on-call to coordinate meal request for sickness/injury).
You may request up to three meals per day. To request one or multiple meals, you can fill out the Meal Service for Illness form in the student portal. Click here to sign in. Please note that food cannot be picked up from a retail location, and TAMs are not eligible for this process. Only meals that are redeemed will be charged to the weekly allotment. Meals will be tailored to the dietary information disclosed on this form and will consist of grab and go options.
Living in residence, you will have numerous options for dining on-campus, including three dining halls (Leonard Hall, Ban Righ Dining Hall and Jean Royce Dining Hall) and 23 retail locations. Our dining halls feature an all-you-care-to-eat service, with a wide selection of gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, and other options at every meal. Many of our retail locations also feature gluten free, vegetarian and vegan meal options.
*Meal plans may be subject to review and could change at any time. Any changes may result in additional charges depending on your usage.
Food Allergy or Dietary Need?
At Queen’s University, we take allergies and special diets very seriously. We support students who have allergies and dietary restrictions by providing information and knowledge that is essential for students to make informed choices while dining on campus and participating in the university experience. We encourage all students to “Ask Before They Eat”. For more information, please visit our Allergies page.
Food photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com