Residence Meal Plan
Welcome Gaels – Let’s Eat!
Welcome to Queen’s University and the diverse food environment that your Residence Meal Plan offers. Your meal plan is included in your residence fees and allows you to eat in the dining halls AND retail locations across campus! Here’s how it works.
Your meal plan includes:
- 19 meals per week – 19 all-you-care-to-eat meals per week in your choice of 3 different dining halls.
- 200 Trade a Meals (TAM) – Our Trade a Meal option allows you to “trade in” one of your dining hall meals for a designated Trade a Meal specials in retail! Simply look for the TAM logo in any of our 23 retail locations on campus and let the cashier know you would like to use your meal plan TAM for that meal!
- 150 Flex $ – You receive $150 Flex $ on top of your dining hall meals to start off the semester. Your Flex $ are on your student card and work like cash. You can use these on snack items in retail like drinks, baked goods or Fresh to Go items. You can also use them on top of a TAM meal if you want to add something extra like dessert or a piece of fruit! Don’t worry about running out of Flex $, you can add more at any time! Read the meal plan Terms & Conditions.
Meal Delivery for COVID-19 Isolation (COVID-19 Symptoms)
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19, you must follow the steps in the Isolation Protocol, including calling the front desk and filling out the Self Isolation Form on the Student Housing Gateway. While in isolation, meals will be delivered directly to your isolation space daily, and they will meet any allergy or dietary needs. These meals will be taken from your weekly allowance.
Please book an Allergy/Dietary Needs for Isolation Meals meeting with our Hospitality Services Dietitian.
Meal Service for other illness or injury (Not COVID-19 Symptoms)
If you are injured or unwell for circumstances not related to COVID-19 symptoms and are unable to access the dining hall, you may request that a meal or series of meals be picked up from the dining hall by email Hospitality Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note meals must be picked up on your behalf during dining hall hours. Please reference Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington Public Health for a list of the most current COVID-19 symptoms and for self-assessment details.
Meals are taken from your weekly allowance. It is your responsibility to arrange for the meals to be picked up and brought to you at a time when you are present and that the dining hall cashier is informed; options for picking up meals include:
1. A friend or roommate (provided they have their own meal plan)
2. A Residence Don (if available)
3. A Residence Life professional staff member (can be reached by calling the front desk and asking for the Residence Life Coordinator on-call to coordinate meal requests for sickness/injury).
Please book an Allergy/Dietary Needs Meeting for Current Students meeting with our Hospitality Services Dietitian.
Living in residence, you will have numerous options for dining on-campus, including three dining halls (Leonard Hall, Ban Righ Dining Hall and Jean Royce Dining Hall) and 23 retail locations. Our dining halls feature an all-you-care-to-eat service, with a wide selection of gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, and other options at every meal. Many of our retail locations also feature gluten free, vegetarian and vegan meal options.
*Meal plans may be subject to review and could change at any time. Any changes may result in additional charges depending on your usage.
Food Allergy or Dietary Need?
At Queen’s University, we take allergies and special diets very seriously. We support students who have allergies and dietary restrictions by providing information and knowledge that is essential for students to make informed choices while dining on campus and participating in the university experience. We encourage all students to “Ask Before They Eat”. For more information, please visit our Allergies page.