At Queen’s University, we take allergies and special diets very seriously. We support students who have allergies and dietary restrictions by providing information and knowledge that is essential for students to make informed choices while dining on campus and participating in the university experience.
Our staff undergo mandatory allergy training through AllerTrain to receive certification for Managing Food Allergens & Gluten in a Commercial Setting. If you are a student with allergies or a parent of a student with a food allergy, we encourage you to contact us and set up an appointment with our Campus Executive Chef, Colin Johnson or our Campus Registered Dietitian and Wellness Manager, Jessica Bertrand.
Do you have food allergies? We can help you.
We know it can be hard to manage food allergies in a new place – we’re here to help you. If you have yet to contact Hospitality Services about your allergies, or if you have but you continue to have concerns, please ensure to contact our office at 613-533-2953 or by emailing email@example.com.
Our services include:
- Confidential consultation with our Campus Executive Chef and/or Registered Dietitian
- Access to a dining hall chef or manager to help you make safe choices
- On-going support and guidance throughout the school year
When eating in the dining halls, please ask to speak to a manager or chef for assistance.
2019 Sessions for Incoming Students with an Allergy, Intolerance or Other Special Dietary Needs:
Specific dates are currently not set, however:
- One-on-one sessions will be held during the week leading up to move in day, and into the first 2 weeks after arriving on campus (August 26 -September 13 2019). Please note: earlier appointments will be reserved for students with anaphylactic allergies.
- Skype meetings in the week leading up to move in day (August 31st)
- In person meetings on move-in day and during the first week of school
- Group sessions for students with allergies and celiac disease will be held close to move in day (August 31st). All other group sessions will be held within first two weeks (September 2nd – September 13th). Group sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Navigating Campus Food with Peanut and/or Tree Nut Allergy
- Navigating Campus Food with Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance
- Navigating Campus Food as a Vegan or Vegetarian
- Navigating Halal Food on Campus
Click here to register for one of these sessions. Once registered, an email will be sent out in August to book your appointment of interest with times available.
Watch the following video and learn how we can assist you in maintaining the requirements for your allergies.