The Canadian Grilling Company is the first Canadian university restaurant to offer local, sustainable and traceable foods all made from scratch!
The C.G.C is where people love to eat, love to work and love to learn about sustainable food. It’s our way of providing Queen’s with delicious food while also honouring local Canadian farmers, ranchers and growers by offering:
- local and never frozen proteins,
- fresh buns made on-site using organic Red Fife wheat, the original Canadian wheat,
- condiments made from scratch,
- local cheese and produce,
- PEI potatoes,
- wild Pacific BC salmon,
- organic mill from Natrel.
“We will be changing the world one burger at a time with local and organic products” – Chef Michael Smith
Next Sustainable Initiative: Bottled Water Free Campus