- All our of packaging is bio-degradable or compostable: take-out sandwiches and salad packages, soup bowls, plastic and paper bags, clam-shell containers, cardboard, cans, plastic and glass.
- Recycling bins are available in all retail units.
- Waste displays in the dining halls remind students to take only the food they will eat in one seating.
- Queen’s campus diverts approximately 300 MT of cans, glass and plastic and 500 MT of mixed fibre from Ontario landfills each year.
- A trayless dining program has recently been promoted at West campus to reduce the amount of water usage.
- Our Expressnap napkin system is in place to reduce excessive paper waste.
- Each of our ware-washing and floor cleaning chemicals are certified as environmentally friendly products.
Next Sustainable Initiative: Composting